Friday, April 21, 2006

2 days to go

Yesterday I took the coach up to London so that I could visit the 'Expo' and collect my race number, chip, kit bag etc. There weren't many people there, which was good cos I didn't have to queue or worry about getting my toes trodden on. However, for the same reason it was also lacking in atmosphere so I didn't stay long.

In the evening I went down for a drink with my clubmates, everyone wanted to wish us well and give advice!

Today I need to visit Tesco, but that is about all. Otherwise I'll be found relaxing with my feet elevated and plenty of water and carbs to hand.

I saw this today and it reflects the way I try to think during long runs.

I will start
When the gun goes off.
I will run
For five miles
Feeling good.
I will run
To the tenth mile.
I will say
“Only three more
to the halfway.”
At the halfway mark
13.1 miles,
I will know
Fifteen is within reach.
At fifteen miles
I will say
“I’ve run twenty before,
Keep going”
At twenty
I will say
“Run home.”

Wishing 'Good Luck' to everyone else who is taking part in a marathon this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger HappyasLarry said...

Have a fantastic day Sluggie. I'll be there every step of the way with you.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Outsidenow said...

GO SLUGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a quiet day tomorrow. Here have my energy too!

vibes to Sluggie - here catch.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home