Sunday, April 16, 2006

Countdown - 1 week to go

Got out onto the heath yesterday whilst hubby was at work. Unusually for me, I just went out with no fixed plan in mind and took random turnings as the fancy took me. The area isn't that big and I knew that I couldn't get really lost so I wasn't worried on that score. The legs felt really heavy to start with but I did go a bit faster than my usual slow run pace. In fact, I only did 50 minutes as I misjudged the path a bit and didn't want to do another loop. Was happy with that though and it was nice to get out on my own for a change.

Last night we went out for a Chinese meal with friends and tried out a new restaurant. The food and surroundings were good and we enjoyed ourselves.

This morning hubby and I went for a stroll along the quay, but it had become very cloudy so we didn't stay out long. I have some letters that I want to take round to our nearest neighbours asking for sponsorship. I originally intended to do a couple of hundred and hit the local area, but that seems to have been whittled down to about 20! No offers of help forthcoming from hubby or son, so it looks as if I will have to get out there and deliver them.

I can't believe that by this time next week the marathon will be all over (bar disasters). I wonder what I am going to do next?

3 Comments:

Blogger Outsidenow said...

I reckon you'll probably do another one.

But whatever you decide to do you'll do it!

Best of luck for next Sunday to you and the Mr and make sure you wrap yourself in cotton wool this coming week.

10:43 PM  
Blogger beanz said...

Abingdon??

1:24 PM  
Blogger Bedders said...

New York?!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home